Financial Aid Process for January Freshmen (Santa Fe Program)
Step 1: APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID AT ST. JOHN’S COLLEGE
1. Select one student and one parent PIN number from www.pin.ed.gov to apply online for financial
aid and to sign Master Promissory Notes for loans. Your pin numbers will be
used every January to apply for aid as you continue through school.
a. January Freshmen must apply right away.
2. Complete the 2013-2014 Free Application Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov and submit it to the Federal Processor with your PIN numbers (student and parent). FAFSA code is 002093.
3. Parents who own their own business or farm need to complete the 2013-2014 Business/Farm Supplement Form that can be printed at: www.stjohnscollege.edu/finaid/forms.shtml
4. Once you have been accepted to St. John’s College, the Financial Aid Office will use the response from your FAFSA to determine your eligibility for Federal and Institutional Aid. A Financial Aid Award Notice will be sent to you to review, accept, or decline the package. Sign, date, and return the award notice to the Financial Aid Office. Our FAX is 505-984-6164.
Step 2: VERIFICATION
1. The request for additional documents needed from the student is done at the time the award is sent. Some of these forms can be printed from our website at: www.stjohnscollege.edu/finaid/forms.shtml
2. Other documents needed may include your prior year Federal Tax returns or IRS Tax transcript and W2’s for the student/spouse and parent(s).
3. All verification documents are to be returned to the Financial Aid Office via FAX at 505-984-6164, mailed to the college, or scanned and forwarded to the office.
Step 3: LOAN PROCESSING
1. Student and parents interested in applying for educational loans listed on their award need to complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.studentloans.gov The financial aid office will originate the loans after this is completed.
An “Entrance Counseling” is also required and should also be completed at the same time.
2. Once you arrive at St. John’s College for registration, the Financial Aid Office will need to see any student whose file is incomplete and/or who have secured loans in order to complete a Loan Entrance Interview during orientation week.
Step 4: DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS
1. Your financial aid file must be complete for your financial aid funds to be credited to your student account.
St. John’s College
Financial Aid Office
1160 Camino Cruz Blanca
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505-4599
Financial Aid Office:
Toll Free: 1-866-507-5273
Weigle Hall, Room 103