Room Use Policy
Classrooms and study rooms in the Library can be reserved for classes, meetings, and special events by contacting Jennifer Sprague, the Library Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following room use restrictions were developed by the Library Director, and sanctioned by the Dean and the College President. The guidelines were developed in order to ensure that the building meets the needs for which it was constructed, namely, to provide a quiet, safe study area for the College community, and a secure facility to house the library collections, computers, and audio equipment.
- St. John's College activities take precedence over non-college functions.
- Requests must be approved by the Library Director or Acting Library Director in advance.
- Group size should not exceed 40 persons. The meeting of the Board in the Ault-Evers room, is currently the only exception.
- Drinks are permitted in the library in closed containers, but food is prohibited. Both food and drinks are permitted in the two 24-hour study rooms.
- Use of equipment to amplify sound is prohibited, e.g. microphones, speakers, film projectors.
- No event should be scheduled in the building when the library is closed.
- The Library Director or Acting Library Director reserves the right to make exceptions to the above restrictions on a case by case basis.
back to main policies page